525 Camino De Los Marquez Suite 200
DHSEM works to protect the people of New Mexico and the nation through a comprehensive and coordinated program of mitigating hazards, preparing for emergencies, preventing attacks, and recovering from disasters regardless of cause. DHSEM is hiring for multiple positions located in Santa Fe, NM during the Rapid Hire Event.
WHAT IS A RAPID HIRE EVENT?
During a Rapid Hire event, qualified applicants will be interviewed by the hiring agency on-site. In most cases, candidates will find out about a job offer same day or shortly after!
- ASB BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR | $23.60/hour (midpoint): Provides program guidance and direction to business units and separate reporting activities on all matters pertaining to business and life-cycle acquisition processes. Defines and performs systems analysis and development tasks to improve workflow and operating efficiency. Makes recommendations to standardize procedures and processes and to introduce new technology or improve existing technology. Analyzes costs of existing operations and prepares a cost/benefit analysis of recommended changes.
- BUSINESS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST | $21.83/hour (midpoint): Provides program guidance and direction to business units and separate reporting activities on all matters pertaining to business and life-cycle acquisition processes. Defines and performs systems analysis and development tasks to improve workflow and operating efficiency. Makes recommendations to standardize procedures and processes and to introduce new technology or improve existing technology. Analyzes costs of existing operations and prepares a cost/benefit analysis of recommended changes.
- DISASTER RECOVERY MANAGER | $39.10/hour (midpoint): Position is responsible for administering and supervising staff responsible for federal and state disaster recovery programs and serves as the State Coordinating Officer (SCO) for emergencies or a major disaster declarations. Position provides operational oversight and direction of the disaster or emergency on behalf of the DHSEM Cabinet Secretary/Governor’s Authorized Representative (GAR) for Recovery and Disaster Field Operations. The SCO converts the GAR’s strategic recovery vision into tactical plans within the overall Incident Recovery Strategy and executes them on behalf of the State.
- EOC EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST | $27.47/hour (midpoint): Coordinate and provide preparedness and training activities, prevention and mitigation techniques, and response and recovery actions for natural, technological and human caused events.
- EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLANNER | $27.47/hour (midpoint): Coordinate and provide preparedness and training activities, prevention and mitigation techniques, and response and recovery actions for natural, technological and human caused events.
- MANAGEMENT ANALYST | $23.60/hour (midpoint): Conduct organizational studies and evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplifications and measurement studies and prepare operations and procedures manuals to assist management in operating more efficiently and effectively. Include program analysts and management consultants.
- MITIGATION SPECIALIST | $27.47/hour (midpoint): This position is vital for the Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM) in carrying out its duties as identified in the Homeland Security and Emergency Management Act, “coordinate state agency and local government plans for prevention, preparedness and response with a focus on an all-hazards approach.” Responsibilities include providing natural hazard mitigation planning technical assistance to local communities, tribes and state agencies; providing natural hazard mitigation project funding application technical assistance to local communities, tribes and state agencies; facilitating the up-date of the State Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan; up-dating the State Mitigation Program Administrative Plan. In addition, responsibilities will also include assisting with the management of over 196 million in hazard mitigation grants plus conducting mitigation outreach activities state-wide.
- PURCHASING OFFICER | $27.47/hour (midpoint): Devotes a substantial portion of time assigning and directly supervising work to assigned employees, acting upon leave requests, conducting annual performance evaluations and recommending disciplinary actions. Interviewing and recommending selection of applicants and conducting training of personnel. Purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment. Purchases raw or semi-finished materials for manufacturing. Includes contract specialist, field contractor, purchaser, price analyst, tooling coordinator, and media buyer.
- RECOVERY OFFICER (3 Positions)| $27.47/hour (midpoint): This position serves as a Recovery Officer for the Recovery Unit within the Response and Recovery Bureau. The primary focus and responsibilities are to provide assistance in the administration of disaster recovery programs for statewide disasters and emergencies.
- SUB GRANT ANALYST (4 Positions) | $27.47/hour (midpoint): Manage several federal disaster Grants which include monitoring compliance with rules and regulations of each FEMA program and state rules and regulations. Also manage sub-grant agreements. Provide on-site visits to include technical assistance, monitoring of the administration of the project at the local level and the administration of project file record of all FEMA Grant Awards.
- STAFF MANAGER | $35.22/hour (MIDPOINT): Position performs duties of crisis coordination and operations management leading a smooth transition to recovery. This includes but is not limited to ensuring that all equipment is maintained and ready to activate including the New Mexico Emergency Operations Center (NMEOC) and associated deployable resources. The capabilities of deployable resources in support of NMEOC operations is paramount in maintaining situational awareness and a common operating picture in response to impacted area needs. Managing Operations staff with the creation, maintenance and exercising of state-level emergency operations plans, standard operating guides, and continuity of operations plans is included within this position.
WHAT TO BRING
- Multiple printed copies of your updated resume
- Three professional references
- Proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Dress for success!
- Suggested: Copy of unofficial transcripts for the highest level of education achieved
To request accommodations, contact the New Mexico Workforce Connection ABQ Office at (505) 355-1758.