Compensation and Classification
- Compensation and Classification
SPO’s Compensation and Classification unit is responsible for the design and development of the classified service pay system and providing consultation, analysis and technical support on compensation issues. This includes:
- Managing compensation issues by review of pay schedules and ranges and comparisons to other jobs and positions.
- Developing and maintaining job classification descriptions and making recommendations for classification and compensation issues.
- Conducting job analysis.
- Evaluating job classifications using the Hay Guide-Chart Profile Method of Job Evaluation.
- Managing the allocation of positions to the appropriate job title by virtue of authority delegated from the State Personnel Board rules.
- Developing and managing State Personnel Board compensation policies.
- Advising managers and employees regarding the New Mexico classified service system’s classification and compensation, policies, rules and structure.
- Preparing job classification studies for submission to the State Personnel Board.
- Develop and report on human resource system metrics.
- Maintaining updates on federal and state labor law changes and updates and assisting agencies in maintaining compliance.
- Coordinating the State Personnel Office Quarterly Workforce Reports, Strategic Plan, Annual Report and the Annual Compensation Report.
- Serving as the State Personnel Office Webmaster.
- Serving as the Liaison between the State Personnel Office and the SHARE technical team.
- Serving as the system and security administrator for the Insight recruitment system by NEOGOV.