The state of New Mexico is committed to a workplace free from violence.
- Access the course.
- Click on the web link below to access the FEMA course home page.
- Read the Course Overview and Course Objectives.
- Once on the home page, click on the Interactive Web Based Course hyperlink to begin the course.
- Take the exam. After you complete the course, you'll be prompted to take the exam. Please note that you will be required to enter your Social Security number at the completion of the exam. If you don't wish to submit your Social Security number, you will need to request an alternate ID number from the FEMA Independent Study program.
- Receive your certificate of completion. FEMA will email you your certificate within two working days. Be sure to check your junk email folder if you don't receive your certificate within this timeframe. If you don't receive your certificate, you'll need to contact FEMA directly. Please see the HELP document for instructions and contact information.
- Email a copy of your certificate to your HR representative or supervisor. Remember to keep a copy for your own records.